RFA Professional Development (PD) Best Practices
- Sustained over time
- Job-embedded; on-site support; peer coaching
- Collegial and collaborative
- Interactive and hands-on
- Integrated with text, video, online, etc.
- Practical; immediate application
- Results-oriented; instructional focus
RFA Professional Development (PD) Options:
- One day sessions - great to kick - off initiative
- Multiple - days sessions - fosters depth of learning
- Saturday/Sunday sessions - alleviates need for subs
- Summer sessions - Away from front - line action; time to think
- Online course work - Initiates or support Face to Face PD
RFA Consultants and Staff:
- Work collaboratively with you!
- Consider relevant school demographics!
- Address your specific school data!
- Tailor the PD to your site needs!
- Finalize all details (contract, stipends, books, etc)
- Complete a one-page agreement for your review.